EXPERT IN STEEL STRUCTURES ENGINEER R&D (H/F/X)
CRM Group offers R&D and technology solutions to its industrial customers and partners, focusing on process & product developments and their applications from an innovation and value creation perspective. The CRM Group activities and expertise deal with the whole value chain of metals and associated materials, including the development of advanced steel solutions for Construction and Civil Engineering.
- You will work on international projects focused on the development of innovative solutions (challenging designs, innovative assembly solutions, use of High added value steels) in a variety of fields (roof and floor solutions, wind energy, solar energy, transport solutions, racking systems, steel products…)
- Your primary responsibilities will include:
- To develop analytical and numerical models of steel construction solutions using state of the art design and numerical software;
- To manage testing campaigns using steel specimens representative of the analyzed structure, in collaboration with technical teams, in order to calibrate the parameters of the numerical models and therefore increase the quality of the results. To develop new testing methodologies, if required;
- To interact with other members of the R&D team and project leaders as well as external collaborators in order to enrich the model, when necessary depending on the complexity of the analysis;
- To provide support to the project leader by preparing synthetic presentations and reports highlighting the key results;
- To be a self-starter and to be able to take ownership of project tasks using technical knowledge and creativity;
- To contribute to technical solutions spanning multiple engineering disciplines.
- Autonomy, flexibility as well as results-oriented are part of your major assets.
- You are a civil construction engineer or equivalent in a relevant field
- You are able to demonstrate advanced skills in steel product analysis and numerical modelling. A minimum of 2 years experience in a private company or academic experience (master thesis, PhD, etc...) that has required a thorough knowledge of structural steel design and finite element analysis is an advantage.
- You are familiar with SolidWorks or similar software
- You have good knowledge of Scia Engineer, Abaqus, Ansys or FE software
- You are a team player, flexible, show initiative and are able to carry out your tasks independently.
- You are passionate about finding new solutions to the most difficult problems.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and good knowledge of other European languages; in particular French is an advantage.
- Attractive salary package with competitive fringe benefits
- A pleasant working environment within a multicultural team of engineers working on innovative and state-of-the-art products.