Project Leader Circular Steelmaking (H/F/X)
The CRM Group offers innovative technology and R&D solutions to its many industrial members, focusing on process and product developments and their applications from an innovation and value creation perspective.
The CRM group brings together qualified and experienced research teams with unique testing facilities covering the entire manufacturing chain, from raw metal production to advanced steel applications, from laboratory scale to industrial demonstration.
You will be in charge of studies and projects in the Circular Steelmaking area, with a focus on the development of solutions to support EU steelmakers in reaching Carbon neutrality by 2050.
You will also contribute to the extension of the current R&D portfolio towards a.o. stainless steel, ferro-alloys and non-ferrous metals.
Among other tasks, you will conduct or be involved in :
- Lab and pilot scale experiments simulating parts of the steelmaking processes;
- Improvement/further development of the CRM mathematical models of the processes already implemented in different steelmaking plants, including data treatment and exploitation, test and implementation of new model versions;
- Industrial campaigns for the testing and roll out of solutions developed by CRM Group.
- You have a master's degree in metallurgy or a related engineering discipline (chemical processing, electromechanics, ...); with
o Modelling skills (fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, thermomechanics);
o Experience in programming languages (e.g. Fortran or C++), data acquisition and processing systems (Matlab or others);
- You are a team player, flexible, show initiative and are able to carry out your tasks independently.
- You are passionate about finding new solutions to the most difficult problems.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English
- Attractive salary package with competitive fringe benefits
- A pleasant working environment within a multicultural team of engineers working on innovative and state-of-the-art products.